My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://christianclippers.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Giving Thanks Everyday!





This past Sunday my Pastor did a sermon on giving thanks. It was a real eye opener and I want to share it with all of you. First, let me thank my pastor Mike Fulmer for reminding us to be thankful. Sometimes you don’t realize how fortunate you are until it is brought up to you.

Psalms 100 is a perfect scripture of giving thanks. We are to thank our Lord always for everything he has given us. I love this part of the scripture: Psalms 100:5 “For the Lord is good. His unfailing love continues forever, and his faithfulness continues to each generation.” That verse brings me to tears every time I think of it.

Our Pastor presented some great points of things to be thankful for. Are you thankful for water, hot water, electricity, your car and your house? These are all things we take advantage of daily. Studies show that if you have a car even a “clunker” car, you are considered to be 75% richer than anyone in the world. We are fortunate to have tap water we can drink from. Do you know that 80% of sicknesses in the world come from dirty drinking water? God has blessed us so much in America. We have freedom, peace in our land, relative prosperity and much more.

We must be thankful for the Lord’s goodness. God warn us in Matthew 6:19 not to store our treasures on earth but to store them in heaven. He says where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

I know with the economy these days money is tight but we should all try to help someone other than ourselves. I’ve been able to find a way to help others by using coupons. I’m able to get lots of free items by using my coupons to their full effect. This allows me to donate hundreds of dollars of things to people to help them in their everyday life. Think of how you can help someone. Maybe the loose change in your pocket daily can go into a jar that can feed a family.

God Bless You All!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am always interested in hearing what my readers have to say. Do you know of any deals I have missed? Do you have any suggestions for my blog? Do you have any questions I can answer? I would love to hear from you!



  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008, Installed by Custom Blog Designs

Back to TOP  

Related Posts with Thumbnails